Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

CAN WE GET THESE DANCING APES ON THE ROAD ALREADY?

I have got to stop dicking around with this webpage! I have been playing with the colors and fonts for hours, tickling the html code and changing the URL like it’s some kind of word scramble. And frankly, it’s a little embarrassing. It’s like I’m floating around here in cyberland with my finger up my nose hoping nobody's looking: Don’t look yet! I’m not ready yet!

Take things too seriously much?
Yeah, I guess you could say that.

But I need this little secret pocket of honesty sewn into the seams of my life, a bubble of anonymity and a place where I can confess that I sometimes pee in the shower. Is that so wrong? But I am nervous someone will recognize me. Hiding a needle in a haystack might be harder than you expect when you’re silly paranoid.

On another note, I’m eating this huge bowl of green peas right now and they taste like they’ve been seasoned with potting soil.