Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, December 17, 2004

DAY TWENTY-SIX

I just had the most trying experience at work yesterday. First, my environmental science class was bad, bad, bad. Did I mention the badness? Hardly anyone did the assigned reading and then they proceeded to hand in some half-assed homework garnished with excuses and laziness. But then. As I walked back to my office after class, I heard someone shouting 'hey' down the hall. I'm pretty sure it was somebody trying to get my attention, but you know, my name isn't 'hey,' so I kept walking. So this person decides to whistle at me. It was like he was trying to get the attention of a fucking dog. I turned around, looked him straight in the eye and said, “My name is Wren.” He replied with, “mesldfoihsdoishdf.” I’m not fluent in Neanderthal Speak, but I think it roughly translates to “a thousand apologies for being such an imbecile, my brain has the mass and complexity of a coco puff.”

I dated a few Cro-Magnon in college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home