Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

FLAMING HOOPS

My goal is to get into graduate school before I turn thirty. This means I have one year and two months. Holy shit, can that be right? In fourteen months I turn thirty! Hold on a sec while I breathe into this paper bag.

...

So. In order to accomplish this goal I have to jump through that famous flaming hoop: the GRE. I have been studying the verbal part of this test for about two years now, and by that I mean when I get really bored, I take my BIG RED dictionary to a coffee shop and write words down. But now I'm studying in earnest. I even took my first practice test last week. I have awful anxiety about standardized tests, but I really have to try. In order to get motivated, I'm going to come up with a few sentences every day that are built around common GRE words. I will write them here for you. I will try to keep it interesting, but you know, there's only so much one can do with words like circumlocution.

Oh I do hope I can conquer this test! I hope I can cut the mustard. Say, why is it a good thing to cut mustard but a bad thing to cut cheese? Who gets to make that stuff up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home