Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, March 19, 2007

QWEST CAN SUCK IT

I had this thing with Qwest, where I pay $30 at the beginning of each year in order to get a less expensive long distance rate. At least, that's what I had last year. But they never asked me if I was interested in doing the same thing this year. They just assumed I was and tacked it on my February bill. The problem is, I had plans to cancel my landline in February because I got this here cell phone, see?

So I called them up to explain the situation. I asked, why should I pay $30 for a reduced rate in long distance I'm never going to use? The lady on the phone (the third one I had to repeat my story to) told me that the $30 fee is like having a membership to a country club. You pay one time and you go all year. I protested, but she kept coming back to the same tired analogy. She must have brought it up at least three times. Finally, I said "Lady, your analogy is lost on me. If I had enough money to belong to a country club, do you honestly think I'd be wasting my time on $30?" She laughed.

But didn't remove the charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home