Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, May 18, 2007

SANGUINE

In my early twenties, I was a good kid. I did everything my parents, my husband, my in-laws, society wanted. I filled all their expectations with a neat smile. Life was easy because I didn’t have to make any choices. I was blindly marching to the house with the white picket fence like some girl in a trance. I was sleepwalking. And then I stirred and kicked about and eventually, woke up.

When I did, I was 25 years old.

Call me Rip Van Winkle!

Or how about “Rip” for short.

And it’s a good thing too because I don’t believe in heaven or hell. When you die, you slip into an infinite nothing. The end. So now, officially in my late twenties, I do my best to get out of bed every morning and live. I'm trying to do it with purpose and heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home