Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, August 16, 2007

LAUNDRY KARMA

I decided to do some post travel laundry this afternoon. I am literally trying to wash the Andes Mountains from my clothes. Especially the corduroy pants I wore three days in a row. I mean, phew. Talk about biohazard. Maybe I should've just burned them.

There are two washing machines and two dryers in the basement. Once my clothes are washed, I realize one dryer is broken and the other one is in use. S'ok. No problem. I put my wet clothes back into the laundry basket and place it by the one functioning dryer. When I return to the basement in about ten minutes time, I discover someone had taken their clothes out of the dryer and put mine in. And it was still running. Isn't that thoughtful?

I'm indebted to thee, Laundry Robin Hood, wherever you are!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome shots from your trip. What was the highlight of it?

8/20/2007

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Gosh thanks. I don't know that I can pick out one particular high point in the trip. I mean, being in and walking through the Andes Mountains was pretty amazing. The Paramo (neotropical highland) was particularly stunning. But if I had to tag one memorable moment, it would probably be the tourist in Misahulli who was bitten by a pregnant capuchin monkey. That was pretty fucking hilarious.

8/22/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home