Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, October 29, 2007

HOW DO I SAY

My realtor is a wonderful friend. He is sweet, generous, and funny. Unfortunately, he is not a very good realtor. Or at least, he wasn't a very good realtor for me. I found and bought a home in less than a month, so our time together was short. But in that short time frame he managed to lose emails, essential papers and arrive late to every scheduled meeting. He had never heard of special interest rates for first time home buyers and when it came to the closing, well, he couldn't make it. He had other obligations.

I consider myself confident and competent when it comes to things I'm familiar with, but like many people, when it comes to something totally new, when I'm thrust outside my comfort zone, I might depend on others (people that I trust) who are more experienced for guidance and advice. I knew the closing was going to go smoothly. I also knew that most of it was about my mortgage. It's just that I am doing this whole thing alone and would have liked to have someone there, in my court, representing me and my interests.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the home. You should tell the realtor how you feel. I would.

10/30/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing, our realtor here was a real doofus, too, from what I understand. When the EC was looking at places, having flown from MSP to LAX for the express purpose of looking at places, he was "sick" and couldn't show her around. She had to go from place to place herself, also feeling similarly overwhelmed.

But, nevertheless, congratulations on getting it taken care of and being a homeowner.

10/30/2007

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

You're absolutely right Anon. The trouble is, and perhaps I did not make this very clear, he was my friend before he was my realtor. So that means I have to be very diplomatic when I tell him that I'm unhappy with his work. Something like, "I don't think you are very good at what you do, but I LOVE what you've done with your hair!"

10/31/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home