Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, May 20, 2004

FLIGHT V. INVISIBILITY

This morning at work, somewhere between meaningful gulps of coffee and skunk eye glances from my boss, I chatted with Patrick the Starfish. I asked him, if he could have one of two super powers, which would he choose, flight or invisibility. He responded with “flight” and then a more confident, “definitely fight.” When I asked him why, he said, “When I think of invisibility, I think of people creeping around girls locker rooms and I have a girlfriend. So I don’t have any interest in that.” Okay, pause it. Does that mean if he did not have a girlfriend that he would be into skulking around girl’s locker rooms?

Then he tried to convince me that he would use his superpowers to fight crime. What a boy scout. Meh. I told him that Chad the Baker said he’d fly around and poop on rich people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home