Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, January 16, 2005

FOR SIX MONTHS I WATCHED MY LIFE

Lately, I can't seem to stop thinking about the six months I spent overseas. I can't stop thinking about the people I met, the conversations we had and the connections we made. I can't stop thinking about the sensations experienced in China and Southeast Asia. All those mangoes, all those trains, all those sunsets, all those stares, all those cold winter mornings, all those bags of hot fresh soy milk, all those cheap cold bottles of beer, all those aimless hikes around the city, all those canned conversations with cabbies, all those dirty guest houses, all those terrible Chinese soap operas, all those flea markets, all of those things are hidden under a thin gauze of longing in my memory. I feel like I was untrue to them because every morning I'd get up and think to myself, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home