Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, March 31, 2005

NOT A JERK

I took three of my four environmental science classes to a nearby park today so I could talk about the many pressing issues surrounding urban ecology. Only Kidding! I took them out because it was fucking brilliant outside today and an excellent excuse to not be indoors. My last class saw some interesting wildlife in the shape of a homeless man napping in the cattails and my student T, just wouldn't let it go. He was all, why don't they take a shower this and why don't they quit smoking crack and get a job that until I finally said, "You didn't grow up in the city did you?" Of course the answer was no. He kicked a stone from the path and said, "You probably think I'm some kind of jerk." I replied, "No no! Not at all!" but then in my head I continued, "Just young, ignorant and judgmental."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home