Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, May 08, 2005

GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO STONE

RS has this friend, someone he has known since high school. When RS and I started seeing each other two summers ago, he confided in her our messy situation. I was not in the least surprised when both she and her husband expressed overt disapproval regarding the genesis of our relationship, although I feel it should be noted that of all the friends we told, they were the only ones to pass such harsh and absolute judgment.

Although I did not care for her opinion at the time, I came to understand her situation. She was most likely concerned for RS and saw him in an unstable, if not potentially dangerous situation. She challenged him and counseled him that summer but remained his friend throughout. I know it's not easy to be the one to tell a friend something they may not want to hear. And now that I am divorced and RS and I are living together, she seems to be less judgmental and more understanding herself. I have actually meet her since. Nice lady.

Her husband, however, let's call him Tom, has refused to see RS and even now, doesn't want to have anything to do with him. I have never met Tom, but when I learned this weekend that he was intentionally "punishing us" by keeping us out of his family life, I lost the tiny fleck of interest I had in meeting him in the first place. RS is upset by this because he knows Tom and feels the need to take it upon himself to help this man work through his personal issues or perhaps RS feels the need to explain himself, I don't know. All I know is that god and myself, we are the only ones who can punish me for the choices I have made in my life. So, fuck you Tom. If we chance to meet, I will be my normal, nice, open self. But like hell do I feel like I need to repent or apologize to you. The mere thought of it makes me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home