Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, February 17, 2006

WITLESS POETRY

I’m sitting at A Café right now going positively cross-eyed over a stack of research papers. I have my students come up with an environmental science question and then they research the answer to said question. One of my students posed the following: How do large dames affect river ecosystems? Then he goes on to explain how 'large dames' give off just as much carbon dioxide and methane gas as coal fired power plants!

What an amazing blunder!

Another student spoke about a possible correlation between an increase in hurricane activity and 'worming of ocean currents.' The worming of ocean currents is of course due to: global worming. Oh my god! Global Worming! What does this mean!!!???

It doesn’t sound good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home