Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, July 29, 2006

TIME TO PULL THIS SHIP INTO THE SHORE

More shity-ness yesterday with my mother. Trying to communicate with a bipolar person during a manic phase is like trying to hold conversation with a drunken person. There is absolutely no space for reason or logic. I'm now screening my calls in order to protect myself from further mind fuck.

To make myself feel better I drew a cold bath and sat in the tub for two hours watching a movie while eating a Greek salad. That was nice. And then later in the evening I met some friends at the local VFW* for cheap beer and singing. I did I Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon. I actually got people to come up and slow dance! It was sooooooooo cool!

*Huh? I know that sounds strange, but this particular VFW has kick ass karaoke, stiff drinks and an interesting mixed crowd of moody hipsters, preppy kids, and yellowed, mustached veterans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home