Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

SMILE AND NOD

I have a photo identification badge for work. Why this college requires them is beyond me. It's not like we house military secrets and you'd never catch me skulking around campus if I was not paid to be here.  Believe me.

There are two major entrances to the main building and both doors are guarded by "security" types. Some of them are kind and easy going while others are plain assholes. No biggie, but I do wish there was some consistency. Some of them will ask obsessive compulsively to see the ID of every person who walks in the door while others come to recognize students and employees, and don't bother.
They just smile and nod.

Today this guy asks to see my ID. So I stand there and fish through my bag and once I find it he hardly even glances at it. So I hold it right up to his face. This is bitchy, I know. As I'm doing it, I'm thinking to myself, "god, this is so bitchy." But WTF? If I am taking the time to get the silly thing out at least get off your fucking walkie-talkie and look at it.

I mean, sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home