Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, November 02, 2006

DENIAL AND CHOCOLATE COVERED MINTS

Today was so great. Two of my morning classes were canceled so I went running instead. I ran six miles in 46.48 min. Man, was I feeling energy! Then I went into work and taught three afternoon classes. After work, I biked through downtown to a coffeeshop and corrected papers for about three hours. When I got home, sixish, I was ready for some down time.

A little after ten o'clock I spoke to Asher on the phone. I found myself asking him all these deep brooding questions. He asked me if I was ok. More specifically he asked, "are you sad?" I said, "Oh no no, I'm great!" Then I hung up the phone and realized I had just spent the last four hours watching consecutive episodes of Six Feet Under on DVD all the while consuming 4/5th a bag of York Peppermint Patties. My bed was littered with little silver wrappers. All of the sudden it hit me: I wasn't "great" at all. I was so. fucking. depressed.

I started sobbing.

The whole thing was actually kind of funny. In that tragically human sort of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home