Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

TUESDAY NIGHT TRIVIA

Every Tuesday night I get together with some friends at a local pizza joint to swill beer and play trivia and swill more beer. The kids I play with (roughly 6 or 7 regulars) are super smart cookies. For example, during the picture round a few weeks back we were asked to identify eight North American mammals.

We gave the Latin names.

Now, let me introduce myself. I’m the team anchor. More often than not the question is about some obscure band I had never heard of, or a poet I hadn't read, or a war I never even knew about. Honestly, trivia is not my strong suit. I am an analyzer, a synthesizer, an interpretive dancer. Not really. What I mean to say is I’m not very good at retaining bytes of information over long periods of time. But today I was the only one who could say with confidence that the Haymarket Riots of 1886 occurred in Chicago.

Happy May Day everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home