Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, July 13, 2007

MY BIG BOX OF SOAP

I was recently talking to The Steady and his roommate about women who transform their boyfriends into partners-for-life by lying to them about birth control. While I think this kind of trick is extremely low and will probably result in an unhappy situation for everyone involved, I think some men make dangerous assumptions and when they get someone pregnant they walk away blameless. I think men have the responsibility to talk to their girlfriends about birth control methods and talk to them about what should be done if an unplanned pregnancy occurs. But that's one of those mature, grown-up conversations that even adult men have a hard time starting. All I'm saying is, I wouldn't have a ton of sympathy for a man, who suddenly finds himself in the middle of a new family because all he wanted to do was Stick It In and never bothered to have a conversation with his girlfriend about birth control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home