Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, December 02, 2007

RE: SNOW AND DUNCAN

This morning I poured myself into a pair of ass-kicker snow boots and walked to the neighborhood hardware store to buy a snow shovel. Some guy in isle number five told me how he actually owns three or four good shovels but they are all held up in his garage. Now he needs to buy this one (shaking for emphasis) in order to dig the others out.

Back at the ranch, I was shoveling the front sidewalk when I happen to notice a rather smallish neighbor make his way, slowly towards me. He was shoveling too but in that way kids do things to mimic adults without actually completing the action. I stopped and waved to him like I was a Japanese animated character and with some reluctance he reciprocated. It wasn’t long before he was chatting me up about his brand new orange shovel and telling me his name is Duncan and would like to come down the street to his house to see the snow cat that he and his sister made earlier this morning?

Isn't that charming? And he had a little kid mullet which was very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home