Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

BICYCLE COMMUTE

So I got one of those REI credit cards and I put just about everything except my mortgage on it. I pay my balance every month and in the process rack up a tidy little dividend. This year it was about $170. So I blew it on a nice set of waterproof panniers and (wincing) a pair of bike shorts. Now usually I make fun of people who purchase special gear in order to make themselves feel like they're elite members of some sport scene. I especially like to attack people who wear expensive brand name jerseys covered with faux endorsements and walk clickity-click-click into coffee shops teetering on fancy clipless pedal shoes whilst squinting at the menu through custom fit Oakley sunglasses.

Dude. Hey dude? Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home