Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, March 01, 2008

HOT HEAD

I play Ultimate Frisbee. I play on a summer league and then a winter/fall league. I'm not so bad. I usually catch the disc and I am pretty mean on defense. My throws, I will admit, could stand to be more accurate. I play because I like the people on my team and I like the new people I meet. It's also fun to hone a skill, even it if it's one as pointless as this.

So last week I botched a throw. Shit happens. But when I got back to the sideline, The Steady starts giving me this full on tutorial about throwing technique. I guess he was well meaning and I'm usually amenable to the advice of others, but for some reason I was annoyed by him getting all pedagogical on my ass. I say, if you're going to dish advice, observe the correct time and place and do it with delicacy and tact. Anyway, I told him to can it. I actually put my hand up and said , "Ah, ah, ah, na-na!"

I don't know if it's related but I hussled up two points during that game. Which was one third of our total points (the opposing team was simply better). Um, so there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home