Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, December 08, 2008

A LITTLE BIRD

Sometime in the middle of October, The Steady and I dined on greasy cheeseburgers and french fries. Then we went to the movies and saw Burn After Reading. And then I yakked myself silly and we went to bed.

The next day I was feeling much better. I went for a nine mile run, came home and drank a can of PBR while I ate a bowl of kim chee. Soon after, The Steady and I went out on the parkway to throw the frisbee around. I puked again, only this time it was on someone's very well manicured boulevard tree. The pickled cabbage looked like so many bloody guts.

I pushed through the weekend in a profound malaise. I rolled through the week until Thursday, when I finally took a day off and went to the walk in clinic. I answered their questions and gave them the pee they requested. They came back to tell me that I have a little bird nesting in my womb.

You can imagine my surprise.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How absolutely positively awesome!
Very happy for you. My wife just gave birth to our first 10 weeks ago. The little girl has changed our lives in the most of possitive ways. Congratulations!!!! I had a feeling this was the news you were holding out on.

-Anon

12/08/2008

 
Blogger David said...

:D

Congratulations. You're about to see life in a whole new way.

How long before the chick hatches?

On a side note, PBR? and after a nine mile run as well? Really??? :)

12/09/2008

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Thanks and thanks. I'm due June 19. And unfortunately, because of my new temporary medical condition I will have to put both the 9 mile runs and the PBR on hold.

12/09/2008

 
Blogger Meg said...

You are just such an awesome writer, this is my new favorite way to spend my mornings :)

I hope that this is your best year ever, how amazing, I am on the Nuva Ring too (gulp)

12/12/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home