Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, January 29, 2009

RAISE BOYS AND GIRLS THE SAME

I have a 20 week ultrasound scheduled next Thursday. The Steady and I decided to keep the sex a mystery. Knowing will not make us love the kid any differently, and besides, not knowing will cut down on all those obnoxious "gender appropriate" infant clothes relatives love to buy. I don't want any pink outfits speckled with twirling ballerinas or blue outfits dotted with boxy trucks. Thanks, but no thanks.

Boy howdy, people love to guess though. And they love to ask about my suspicions, as though I posses some magical intuition. Some folks insist dreams will reveal the sex of the child. But lately, I have been dreaming about international espionage, circus elephants, and masturbation. Does that mean the kid is going to grow up to be a spy or an animal trainer?

Or a masturbator?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home