Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, December 14, 2009

BAD PARENTING MOMENT

Bad Parenting Moments, any experienced parent will tell you that a childhood is rife with them. I was waiting for our first B.P.M. when suddenly, it arrived. Moo rolled off the couch.

Our couch isn't terribly tall and he landed rather "neatly" on the floor. He hardly fussed, but boy howdy, I felt guilty. The funny thing is, The Steady and I were both in the room when it happened. It's not like we were drunk in the back yard shooting coons. Nope, I was about three feet from him on the computer, obsessing over Facebook. The Steady was about four feet away complaining about the weird looking pantyhose figure skaters always wear.

And then, thump. Evil Knievel looked like a WWF wrestler post body-slam. Had it been intentional, I would have praised him for his good form.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

It's hard to believe how fast those little guys are... and rubbery too. :)

Glad he's alright.

12/16/2009

 
Blogger Meg said...

I so recall that fateful moment in my memory when my then 11-month old walked into an open cupboard door I was getting something out of, and seemingly bounced right off of. Ah, yes, that parent's guilt, it is part of the package. xo

2/10/2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home