Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, July 07, 2013

PENNY PINCHING

For the past four years we have been living on my income alone.  Let me cure you of the misconception that college instructors make piles of money: I got a letter in the mail the other day informing me that we are eligible for the federal WIC program.  I don't want to make it sound like we are scratching the poverty line, because we are not.  But let's just say that money has been tight these past few years.  My husband has been in school and graduated this spring.  Once he finds a job I can stop doing things like cutting our sponges in half, using toilet paper as facial tissue, and letting the yellow "mellow" before flushing. We will, however, continue to drink Hamm's. The consumption of this beverage has become something of an institution at our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home