Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, May 21, 2004

SISTER FRIEND

Sister Friend came into town yesterday afternoon and will be staying the weekend. She is not really my sister (I don't have one). We just go way back is all. She brought me a small stack of burnt CDs and two yards of exquisite antique ribbon. I gifted her a pair of purple merino wool wrist cozies that I knitted a few weeks back.

Tonight she and I met with my Poet Friend for inauthentic greasy spoon style Mexican food and beer. I got a wicked alcohol rash and lost sensation in my face. It was an interesting dynamic to observe those two. Her excessive use of the word “dingle” was so obviously making him uncomfortable. And for some sick reason, I like to watch the Poet squirm.

No Parking Mix

KOKO TAYLOR – WANG DANG DOODLE
PRETENDERS – THE WAIT
KAHIMI KARIE – POR QUE TE VAS
KIM & CO. – LOOK UP
BUZZCOCKS – EVER FALLEN IN LOVE
CHOCOLATE – HORRIBLE DISTORTED DREAM
TOM WAITS – COLD COLD GROUND
SONIC YOUTH – CANDLE
DAILY PLANET – VACACIONES EN ROMA
MODERN LOVERS - ROADRUNNER
UHUHBOO - *
DIGABLE PLANETS – REBIRTH OF SUCK
JOHNNY CASH – HONKY TONK GIRL
PIXIES – GIGANTIC
GOMEZ – WHIPPIN PICCADILLY
BEEF – MY BITCH FRIEND
MILES DAVIS – MOVE
LOS ZAFIROS – BOSSA CUBANA
GOTAN PROSECT – EPOCA
MOHAMMED RAFI – JAAN PEHECHAAN HO
DIABLO PROJECT – LETTER FROM JAMES
MOBY – HONEY
PEGGY LEE – IT’S A GOOD DAY
A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM JAMES BROWN

* Korean song title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home