Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, November 22, 2004

DAY ONE

Last night I watched a video documentary I made in February 2003. It was about a three day two night solo roadtrip I took to Lawrence KA. That trip marked the beginning of the end. A terrific funk had gripped me a few weeks before and I could not shake it, no matter how much I indulged in drink and drugs. I even tried to relieve my depression with a shopping. It was that bad.





So I called in sick and hit the road with my digital camcorder, a tripod and a clean shirt. I guess it may seem kind of narcissistic or egotistical to film yourself on the road, but it was more about the soundtrack and the camera angles than it was about me. At least that's what I thought when I was actually shooting. But now I watch it and realize it has everything to do with me and who I was at that point in time. It's so funny to watch all the ideas I have about my life now emerging from my brain back then, like tiny budding plants.





When I returned home, I buzzed something endless about this trip to my friends and family. The way I talked about it, you'd have thought I had just traveled to the moon. And in a way, I had.

I got the space ice cream to prove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home