Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

TAKE YOUR DAD FROM WORK DAY

For christmas I bought my dad and myself tickets to run the 2005 Chicago Marathon together. Since I am a silly romantic, I won't deny a vision I had of us running through the neighborhoods of his home town, laughing together, hurting together and encouraging each other. Plus think of all the delicious burritos and beer we could carbo load on. And you know I would be grubbing on sick amounts of Baskin Robbins chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I presented this gift to him and he told me that it was impossible. Why? Because it would mean missing a day of work. My father ladies and gentleman.

Care to do a meaningful once in a life time thing with your own flesh and blood? Sure, as long as it doesn't conflict with work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home