Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

STITCH N' BITCH

Please allow me a moment of pettiness but I started knitting long before it became trendy, long before hipster girls in clunky glasses gathered at local coffee shops with their yarn and angst in political pin covered tote bags. I learned from my mom when I was just a little chicken, but started doing it on my own during college. I was far too anxious. I needed something to meditate around and nothing beats the soft rhythmic clicking of needles. I have knitted various hats, mittens and wrist cozies. I even made a pair of leg warmers when I was in China. Yeah, I know but fashion on the mainland is about twenty years behind, so it seemed appropriate at the time. Anyway, I have been working on a pair of socks for the past two years. It’s fucking ridiculous, that. But I’m going to finish them. In fact, I vow to finish them over spring break. Or at least, I’ll finish one. He he, let's not get all crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home