Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A LITTLE BIRD TOLD ME

I spoke with my ma on the phone last night. She had a conversation with my ex husband over the weekend where she picked up two interesting morsels of information and fed them to me. And I ate them up like a baby bird. One, he has been dating. This makes me happy-sad. Like 87% happy and 13% sad. Two, the youngest of his two younger sisters recently separated from her husband and is headed for divorce. The older younger sister completed her divorce a few years ago. That means they're three for three. Three children married and divorced all in the span of ten years. I think about his parents, fundamental Lutherans who conceived their first child on a pile of coats at a college party after knowing each other for about three months. They were married before she started to show. I saw the pictures. My mind has been working on the implications of this like a dog on a chew toy all night long. Families are such curious things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home