Musings of a Winter Wren

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A LETTER TO THE BOYS IN THE BACKROOM

I found out yesterday that the boys in IT can, if they wish, Shanghai any one of these laptop computers, at any time of day through their own computers and poke about to their heart’s content. It makes me think that perhaps I am not as careful about hiding this website as I should be. But truly. They’re busy people. I hardly think they have the interest or the time to slink around my circuit boards. But, just in case:

(Ahem)

Dear IT guys,

Hi. If you are reading this, I would like to take the opportunity to request that you not sabotage or blackmail me. I could get by without this teaching gig, but I’d really rather not. Besides I’m not going to be working here much longer; one more year tops. You seem like good people, the whole lot of you. So if you could please keep my innocuous bitching under your hats until I leave, it would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Winter Wren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home