Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, April 11, 2005

UKULELE GALA

I have been sick for about a week. I thought about calling in sick on Friday, but what is the point of taking a sick day when you’re actually sick? Exactly. There is absolutely no sense in it. And yet I didn’t go to work today. I was simply too exhausted from coughing up lung leeches over the weekend. I don’t know when those slimy bastards moved in, but I seem to be quite infested with them. Oh, I feel rather overcome with parasites right now.

RS was especially attentive this morning as he stocked my bedside with water, Ibuprofen, and facial tissue. Then, he proceeded to tuck and pack me into bed with various pillows and blankets to keep me from escape. I felt like an egg. A mad wheezing, drooling egg. Even so, I was kissed and fondled and loved and kissed again before he said goodbye. I'm now in bed eating mushed dates while reading my old Calvin and Hobbes books as I’m often wont to do while in this condition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home