Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

CHANGING PERCEPTIONS

I've been thinking a lot about my ex-in-laws lately. Mainly because I am driving to their house this weekend with my dad to pick up a set of theater chairs that belong to me but have been in storage for the past two years. I am actually surprised they didn't host a neighborhood bonfire when they found out that I wanted to divorce their son. Anyways, I have been thinking about what their perceptions are regarding the divorce and how my feelings about it have changed over the past six to nine months. Last summer, I was still caught in a quagmire of relief and release on the one hand and insane guilt and self-loathing on the other. Now I have come to realize that I am not a quitter, that I had good reasons to leave that relationship, that my issues were not the only reasons why it didn't work out. There were some very essential things that he didn't give me and couldn't give me. I feel a pressing need to tell him so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home