Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, September 01, 2005

SOMEWHERE ELSE

After not hearing from him in months, I got an email from my ex-husband. He has a box of things that he wants to be rid of. I imagine he wants to give it to me so he can effectively flush me from his past. So he can lock our memories fast away in that dark abyss, with only his emotions for company. All of that painful shit seems to exists somewhere else for him anyway. When I see him I wonder, will I cooly ask him for that chrome chair I stole from work, or will I point an accusatory finger and shrill, "I may not have been ready for marriage, but I did love you. The sight of you sleeping use to make me swoon ! But you had to keep me at arms length, did you? You fucked this up too!"

I guess we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home