Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, February 09, 2007

BUT WE ALREADY KNEW THAT

The Steady keeps bathroom sundries in my medicine cabinet. Just a few things like a toothbrush, plastic contact lens case, and a bottle of generic contact solution. He came over last night for dinner. When I opened the medicine cabinet this morning, I found the contact solution had multiplied (asexually?), because suddenly there two bottles of saline! I came into the living room/bedroom/study of my apartment and told him excitedly about the clone. He said he brought it over last night since the first bottle was getting low. He said he hoped it wasn’t too presumptuous.

I fell into a swoon and exclaimed, “Oh honey! You really do believe this relationship is going to last longer than one bottle of saline solution!!” A bottle of contact juice is, after all, the universal metric for caring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home