Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, October 07, 2007

I HEART CRAIGSLIST

So I saw the tree house for the first time last Sunday (9/30) and went in for a second look the following day (10/01). I put a bid in on Wednesday (10/03) and beat another bidder. I hear that's pretty fast as far as house hunting goes. Now I have to squeeze out of my current lease.

I went month-to-month when I decided to look for a house. But I'm still required to give the building owners two rental periods notice. So if I had told my renters on or before 9/30 that I had plans to move, I would not be obligated to stay (and pay) for December. But since I informed them of my move on 10/4, I have to stay through December until 1/1/08. In essence, I will have to pay over $1,000 rent for a space I will no longer inhabit.

Gawwwhh!

So I close on October 26th and I am trying to find someone who can rent my place November 1st. I put an ad and pictures on Craiglist and got an overwhelming response. In about twenty-four hours time, I received 30 responses; 49 responses total over the weekend. I forwarded them all to my landlords. I hope one of them sticks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home