Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ABOUT THAT

The Steady and I plan to be wed on the 6th of March. That's 03-06-09 for those of you who harbor OCD number peculiarities like me. Three is an auspicious number so, all numbers divisible by three are similarly divine.

The ceremony will take place on the 17th floor of the county courthouse. Two mutual friends will serve as witnesses. After the ceremony, we will head to the local Jewish deli to feast on hot Ruben sandwiches and cake. I know our special day would never be the subject of a Martha Stewart Wedding magazine, but when you have been through both wedding and divorce you get a sense of what's important (committing yourself to the love of your life) and what's not (coordinating bridesmaid shoes with the groomsmen ties).

Besides, it's a helluvalot cheaper. Did you know the average American couple drops $30,000 on a wedding? What better way to start your life together than to throw yourselves into debt? Our wedding will cost $210 which is the price of the judge's service and the marriage license.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, and color me surprised. But mostly the former.

2/24/2009

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Yeah, I was a bit ambivalent about marriage. But, I don't want some jerk to call junior a bastard and have that mean something. I also think for reasons of insurance and taxes it's a smart move. I believe Marriage should be a binding legal agreement, and nothing more. That is why I believe homos should have the right to marry too.

But I digress...

2/24/2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home