Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, April 30, 2009

ABOUT CHRISTIAN SCIENCE

I know a woman whose parents are devout Christian Scientists. She gave me a brief run down once. If I understand her correctly, Christian Scientists believe all illness stems from fear/ignorance/sin. This means physical ailments can and should be cured by faith and understanding in God alone, not modern medicine.

Well this woman's mother recently became ill. Her mom refuses to see a doctor so nobody really knows what's wrong with her, but all signs point to congestive heart failure. I can't imagine how maddening it would be to watch your own mother waste away before your eyes and not be able to do a single thing about it. I know I should not cast stones. But Christian Science is a retarded religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home