Musings of a Winter Wren

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MY RESPONSE

I had a student (from a previous quarter) ask me today to change the attendance records so he can get a "Perfect Attendance Award" upon graduation. He was very crafty in the way he asked me to tweak the truth, so I outright asked him if he wanted me to lie for him. To this he responded, "yes I'm pretty much asking you to tell a little lie about my attendance." His plan was to cajole me into changing his attendance record so he could then approach my colleague and ask him for the same favor. Although I personally have nothing against this particular student, I found him and his cohort lazy and ill-mannered. Whatever gave him the silly notion that I would be willing to bend the rules for him?

My response: I don't know, man. That sounds like cheating to me. The only favor I can do for you at this point is save you from wasting your time composing an email to TG, who is also hopelessly burdened with integrity. Congratulations on your near-perfect attendance and graduation. ~WW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home