Musings of a Winter Wren

Sunday, June 25, 2023

MOMMY('S) ISSUES

Many years ago, a student of mine friended me on FaceBook.  I don't get a lot of friendship requests from ex-students and this one was particularly weird because we didn't exactly vibe.  But I accepted it for some reason.  He's kinda this schlubby pasty suburban dude, and over the years I get glimpses of him and his schlubby pasty suburban wife and their four or five or seven kids.  Anyway, they recently went on a trip to St. Louis and visited the City Museum, which I have been to and love.  I clicked on the photos that his wife posted and she said something about her sons being 15 and 16 year old boys *giggle.*  Ok, fine.  Whatever.  

Since the City Museum is an artist space, there are all kinds of statues.  In five or six of the images there's a statue of a woman with a naked torso.  Most of the statues are very stylized and lacking detail, but anyone can tell they were intend to capture the female form.  Well, in all of the pictures with nude lady statues, these teenage boys are like pointing at, poking, holding, and even licking the statue tits.  And you know what?  Had these pictures been captured by 15 and 16 year old boys, you know, like their peers, I would have said, "okay, that tracks."  But it wasn't. These pictures were clearly taken by and posted by their mother.  It's almost as though she's...proud that her sons are going to grow up to be public transit masterbaters.  

Isn't that funny?  I simply cannot stop laughing to myself when I think of it.  This nation is so weird.  

UPDATE: The 15 year old just tunred 16 and the mother posted a picture of him in a tee shirt that reads, I *heart* hot moms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home