Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, November 25, 2004

DAY FOUR

Today is thanksgiving, and today is the first thanksgiving I will not spend with family. I love my family but they decided to spend the holidays in Chicago with extended relations and I guess I'm just not in a place where I feel like explaining my divorce and my depression to a bunch of folks who share only a quarter of my genetic information.

It made me cringe at first, having to tell my parents that I would not join them, but lucky me, my sense of obligation was plugged. I couldn't even feel so much as a pang of guilt. Especially when I remembered how they left me and my brother over Christmas break for a vacation in Cairo a few years back. I went to a friends house instead, like some orphaned child. I was the only one there who couldn't speak Korean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home