Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, January 21, 2005

QUIZ #2, QUESTION 1: NAME TWO FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO AN EXPONENTIAL GROWTH RATE IN HUMANS (2 POINTS).

I was looking for something like advances in medical technology, improved nutrition and sanitation, lower infant mortality, higher life expectancy, industrial revolution, and/or agriculture. Any two of the above would have thrown me into a state of science teacher euphoria. Even one of the above would have been enough to send me spinning with joy and hope. Instead, one of my students wrote the following: Life, Death, and Time.

I felt that answer was a little vague, so I took a point off. I should have subtracted both points but I have learned to compromise my standards, eh I mean, encourage the students. When this particular person saw his grade he accused me of grading too harshly and then told me that I was not being respectful of his personal definitions. Excuse me, but if you truly believe that, then what the fuck are we even doing here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home