Musings of a Winter Wren

Friday, February 25, 2005

BUS #2

Today I'm wearing black pants with brown socks! Quel Horreurrrrrrrrrr! Shh, don’t tell.

Last night on our way to the lecture, on our way to the bus stop, RS and I saw a man get hit by a car. It would almost be more appropriate to say he was drop kicked by an SUV because his body traveled the path of a perfect parabola, punted from the pavement. The SUV halted like a snorting rhino as RS and I twittered about like a pair of Diana Monkeys sounding alarm calls, swinging from pay phone to pay phone. By the time I dialed 911, the ambulance was on its way. The thing that really walloped me was the look on the man’s face immediately after he hit the ground. He turned his head to face the rhino with a look of distilled disbelief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home