Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, February 24, 2005

GIRL CULTURE

I'm wearing blue cords today and you know what that means: zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop zip zop Zip. And when running: zipzopzipzopzipzopzipzopzipzopzipzop. Ha hahaha!

*Sigh*

I love cords.

Tonight I'm going to a real university to hear photojournalist, Lauren Greenfield, give a lecture about her show Girl Culture. I saw the exhibit about a month ago and it left frosted pink fingerprints all over my brain. My favorite photograph was taken in a stripper’s dressing room. Three women, employees I assume, were talking to each other and one was hiding a tampon behind her back. What fantastic tension, I thought, to exhibit such modesty while making a living grinding your lemming in some stranger’s face. What a crazy cultural mirror reflecting all of us. Yes, even you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home