Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, September 24, 2005

SO NOT COOL LIKE THAT

Look! Look there, below my last post. It's a comment. I got a comment! When I first started posting on this site I didn't have that feature. Not because I was making some kind of conscious or thoughtful decision. I just wasn't aware of that option. So. Recently, inspired by boredom, I changed the format and inadvertently changed some other things as well. And now lookit! A human being.

You're probably wondering why I'm making such a big fucking deal about it, using italics and exclamation points. I assure you, I am not completely thick. It's not like I struggling with the concept of this whole internet thingy...and yet somehow, I feel like a person in her home suddenly in the company of unexpected guests, nervously laughing and making nonsensical small talk all the while trying to hide a three foot glass bong and various sex toys behind the potted plant.

*Startled*

"Oh, ho, ho, ho! Hi! I didn't see you there! Can I get you a glass of orange juice or something?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just happened across your site (won't use that "b" word, since you don't like it). You have a good humor about every day things. Loved the comment about "carrot snot".

9/25/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was delighted by your response to my comment, winter wren. I squealed like a little pig. Although, if you felt like you had received an unexpected guest then I felt like a person on the ‘right’ side of a one-way mirror when the other person suddenly looks right at them! It's all very odd really.
Geri

9/26/2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home