Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, October 03, 2005

"LET'S PLAY ULTIMATE MOTHER FUCKERS!"

I played a match of Ultimate Frisbee yesterday afternoon and now my ass is so sore I can’t cross my legs without grimacing. It’s funny. I’m in my last week of training for the Chicago Marathon. I think I’m in pretty good shape, and then I wake up with the bones and muscles of a sixty year old lady. I suppose those amphibian sprinting muscles are very different from the mammalian endurance muscles I have been training. Ooof, my back muscles hurt too. WTF?

I played ultimate for two seasons on two separate leagues before I left for China. Now I join a pick up game here and there, or sub for my old team (which is what I did yesterday). It’s fun to play a team sport for a change. Long distance swimming and running can get awful lonely and boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home