Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, February 27, 2006

WHILE WE'RE AT IT

Along with my credit card bill yesterday, I also paid my electricity bill. Only, I was on the horn with these assholes for almost an hour. You see, I lived in an efficiency for six months before I moved into a spacious one bedroom with RS. One would think that moving into a smaller space might yield a smaller energy bill. But no. I looked at all my old bills and this is what I found:

Room 109 (efficiency, one occupant) 1.24 kWH/day ~ $8/mo.
Room 101 (1 bedroom, two occupants) 2.50 kWH/day ~ $11/mo.
Room 205 (efficiency, one occupant) 5.50 kWH/day ~ $23/mo.

I asked the energy guy about this and he insisted the energy robots that check the meters were not wrong, so it must have something to do with the way I used energy. He asked, do I have an air conditioner? A space heater? An electric blanket? An electric stove? A 200 gallon tropical fish tank? A hydroponics cannabis garden? No. No. No. Gas. No. No. I tried to impress on him my electronically austere life. I told him that I don't have an electric coffee maker let alone a TV/VCR/DVD. I told him how all the bulbs in my apartment are 40 watts or less. He responded by telling me again how accurate the meter checking robots were, like I didn't hear him the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home