Musings of a Winter Wren

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I GOT JUST ONE MORE THING TO SAY

How many cargo pants, how many rugby shirts and rubber thongs can a person buy with a thousand dollars? I have no idea. What I do know is, somewhere in the northern suburbs of Chicago there’s a drunken sorority girl wearing brand new clothes. Clothes that I bought for her. And frankly, I would like nothing more than to punch her in the face.

No, it's all cool.

It's just that nothing feels safe anymore. I have this impulse to withdraw all my money and hide it in my mattress. And then just sit around my apartment all day sharpening a stick while sniffing suspiciously at the front door.

3 Comments:

Blogger LORMO said...

I was wondering how somebody could spend SO MUCH at Old Navy.

12/07/2006

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

I know. I was just looking at their website, and with $450 you could buy 112 Rib-Knit Tank Tops, or 45 Girl Denim Hobo Bags, or 82 Sweater-Knit Scarves for your dog.

12/08/2006

 
Blogger LORMO said...

I could use a hundred more tank tops.

But I swear I would never steal them.

12/08/2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home