Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, January 27, 2007

ELECTRIC BILL PART TWO

About eleven months ago I had complained about my electricity bill. For almost a year now, I have been paying about $25 a month for electricity. First, I complained to the electric company and then I complained to the building owners. But they just kept throwing up their hands and pointing at each other.

This inspired me to conduct my own science experiment. I unplugged my fridge (the suspected energy suck) and plugged in a tiny little fridge. For one month I kept all my beer in the window sill and ate canned veggies. A small price to pay for the truth. I just got my electricity bill: $12. As it should be. I brought my raw data to the slum lords -er I mean, building owners and they promptly fitted my tiny kitchen with a brand new fridge.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. I have a similar story. So similar that I won't even waste your time with it. The important part is that we got the new fridge too. RM

1/29/2007

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Hooray for us!

Hoo-ray for justice.

You know, the thing that really gets my goat is this: In October, someone in my building had a leaky toilet/drippy faucet. So the owners put up signs on every entry door; signs with horrible clipart of some spigot dripping dollar bills. The owners sent maintenance into every unit to make sure every bolt was tightened, because WATER COSTS MONEY BITCHES! So when it's their money, they're all galvanized. But when it's mine???

Eh.

1/29/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic work. I almost wish I was getting ripped off, just so I could play detective and find them out.

1/29/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you leave something special on the bathroom counter the day they checked your apartment? I remember...hee hee!

1/30/2007

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

You mean the dildo!?

Yeah...that was dumb on my part.

What's strange is, the person who swapped out the fridge bothered to put my pictures and magnets back up in order.

Hal, you too can be an appliance gumshoe! Or perhaps you'd rather stick with the dogs.

1/30/2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home