Musings of a Winter Wren

Saturday, March 29, 2008

QUIZ BOWL

I have a friend who is a public high school teacher. Apparently, all his day students are "a bunch of haploids." So for mental stimulation and reward he coaches the school's knowledge bowl team. It's a supremely dorky past time, but in my world, nerds rule so of course I mean that in the best way possible. Since he had access to all the official knowledge bowl questions as well as the super cool buzzer/light equipment, it made complete sense that he should hold a Quiz Bowl Party. There were six teams of four and those that were not playing, were busy drinking. Well actually, those that were playing were also busy drinking. In any case, I had the opportunity to use information that I have not used in a very, very long time. I got to shout things like "endoplasmic reticulum!" and "endocytosis!" and "Albert Camu!" It made me feel like the thousands and thousands of dollars spent on college were not all for waste.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camus

4/01/2008

 
Blogger Winter Wren said...

Word up, dawg!

Er, I mean dog.

;)

4/02/2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home