Musings of a Winter Wren

Monday, March 24, 2008

SUPERNOVAE SLEUTH

I have been slowly pushing my way through The Universe. Oh, I suppose I mean The Universe but I also mean The Complete First Season, a box set produced by the History Channel. It’s packed with amazing facts, but it’s also fantastically cheesy. Perhaps the writers were trying to cast a large net into the general audience.

The narrator is often exploding with arresting statements like, “He’s one of the galactic detectives trying to uncover the mysteries of gamma ray bursts!” Ha-ha. And then, “He and his cosmic bounty hunters search for potential killers lurking in our solar system – and put them on their most wanted list.” Cosmic bounty hunters, indeed!



But secretly, I want to be a cosmic bounty hunter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home